Friday, October 10, 2008

A time of firsts...

September and October have been a time of firsts for our family. First PAYCHECK (as graduates), first time (for me) alone with the girls, first time Ashley ate salmon, artichoke hearts and gave a primary talk at Church, and practically everything Anna does is a first. Anna loves to converse, make sounds and be around people. We are looking forward to fall here, even though it is sunny and warm in Riverside with Halloween and Thanksgiving fast approaching. We are doing well and enjoying our time. It is such a joy to be around Ashley and Anna. I love every minute, even the frustrating ones! I love singing and rocking out to music in the car with Ashley (she loves Pocketful of Sunshine, Footloose, and Sweet Escape; the playlist is dedicated to her) or doing arts and crafts after school with her. I love dancing with Anna or running errands with my buddy. Housework is fun with her around even though it is more time consuming.



She is a cutie even asleep.


Such a Ham! She loves the camera.


Look at my chubby legs!


I love Ashley; she is the best eldest child. She is a cute kid!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa & Mike: What a beautiful family you have! The girls look gorgeous and baby Anna is such a cute baby girl. She is very photogenic! I like her smile and it makes me so sad not to be able to be there to enjoy her growing up her first 12 months of life. I know this sacrifice will eventually pass and I will enjoy her for a loooooong time, I hope. Both Ashley and Anna are a joy to look at. Have a wonderful time in California. I am partial and I think it's a great place to live.
Love to both of you,
MOM

Amy said...

Oh, what a cute little smile! I'm so sad that we missed Anna too. It was a busy time with both of us having babies and both of us moving. We didn't have to move across the country with a new baby though, I bet that was a little rough! Glad you guys are settled and eating good food like Salmon and Artichokes! Thanks for being our friends!

Jackie and Kenton said...

I hope you are liking it there. We miss you guys. The girls are getting so big!

Cyndi said...

I'm glad to hear you got your first paycheck too! I only hope you didn't spend it as fast as we did. I'm sorry we didn't get to see you while you were in Utah, but I am happy Mike has a good job in a place you love. Good luck!