Sunday, September 14, 2008

Snapshots

Here are some pictures of the girls. It has been an interesting time this last month with lots of twists and unexpected things but at the same time it has been exciting to be here in California and start this new chapter in our lives -- done with school and back in the working world. Michael starts work next week (Sept. 22) and I will be alone with the girls for the first time. I have had my mom, Michael and my sister, Jennifer, helping me with the two girls and everything else. Thanks to them, it has made the move more managable.

I have mixed emotions. It is wonderful to back in California and enjoy a good In-Out burger and Porto's bakery (already been once - 1 hour drive each way)but at the same time I miss Illinois (Downers Grove). I am reminded of it every time I drive by Chicago's very own, Portillos Hot Dog! Yes, that is right we moved here just to find one within 10 mins of us (only 2 in California; one of them near us). I enjoy the neighborhood, area and ward we have moved into and look forward to creating memories and experiences. We look forward to getting Disneyland passes later this fall and the chances we will have to go. I am excited to show Ashley Disneyland decorated for Christmas!
Ashley and Anna's favorite time -- in bed together before Ashley goes to bed.
Ashley in her princess dressup -- thanks Grandma Doodle, she loves it!
Anna is too cute. She is wonderful and easy going but at the same time she is very strong willed and knows what she wants and when she wants it -- ie eating, sleeping, social interaction.

5 comments:

Becky and Ryan said...

That is exciting to be starting a new chapter in your life. I admit the warm weather, and disney passes are going to be great!

I am happy to hear the baby is sleeping well. She really is chubby! I love it!

Leah said...

The top photo of Anna..she really looks a lot like Mike! And what a cool name for a grandma...GRANDMA DOODLE! Have fun in Cali! Enjoy for me...Miss Stuck in Utah Forever.

brookeisacrazylady said...

anna is so cute. glad to see more pictures of her. that is so fun you had so much help. moving is the pits. but hopefully you are are staying put for a while.

"plainjaneproud" said...

Ah, Alora would love to play dress up with Ashley. She's a little princess all the way. We need to do a roommates reunion one of these days! I miss you guys a lot.

Hillary said...

Beautiful children, Lisa. You will do great! I panicked a little when everyone left me too, but the adjustment comes pretty quickly. And how great to have such a good sleeper-- that helps! So glad the move went well. Miss ya!