Friday, October 10, 2008

Prop 8

I am asking all who view this blog to encourage any Californian that you know to get informed about proposition 8 as well as register to vote. It is vitally important that everyone is informed and knows the correct information regarding this proposition. I have put a link on my sidebar to a website that can answer questions and provide information. Please get the word out to those that you know that live in California. I personally do not want to see my kids taught about same sex marriage, starting in kindergarten (in Massachusetts they start at 2nd grade), and I will not have any right to object. Churches could also lose their federal tax exempt status if they are sued for discrimination (and lose) because they will not perform same -sex marriages due to religious beliefs. The ramifications go on and on. Please take a moment to view the website www. protectmarriage.com or click on my link to get informed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you honeybunch! You are doing the right thing. Talk to anyone that wants to listen to you in the supermarket, post office, etc.
Love, MOM

Leah said...

That is so sad that government would infringe itself on our rights to NOT believe in something like that. I hope things work out for you guys out there and you can get the votes you need.

Becky and Ryan said...

Thank You! Everyone in CA or not needs to be aware of this issue. We must protect marriage.

"plainjaneproud" said...

Hey sorry but I don't have your email addy so I'm leaving my number here 509-540-4678. Good luck with this vote, somehow we passed it in Oregon which is pretty liberal so hopefully it will go well!