Thursday, September 20, 2007

Field trip to fire station

Ashley had her first class field trip today. They had been learning about fire safety all week. All the kids were excited, boys more than girls though! We had a good time walking to the station and then the tour. They got to see where the firemen eat, sleep and work. Plus, a bonus...

Ashley seeing the firetruck
Firemen telling the kids about the truck and gear
Inside the cab. They were going to have each child sit inside when...
They got a CALL! They quickly closed the truck, put gear on and...
Headed out with lights and sirens

The kids were a bit taken back with all the commotion but in heaven to see the firemen at work. Needless to say, that ended our tour and field trip. Although brief the kids enjoyed it all and got coloring books and firefighter hats. I can't wait for the next field trip in mid-October because this one was fun to get to know Ashley's fellow classmates as well as teachers and the principal. Yes, the principal went. I had talked to and seen him before but never realized or suspected he was the principal. He is not your traditional principal at least from when I went to school. However, it is nice to see how hands on he is and that he knows Ashley by name.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I think the pics you took of Ashley are fantastic. She is very photogenic and I love her sweet expressions. She is certainly a princess. I hope she will always remember that trip to the Fire Station because grandpa will take her to the 13th Station here in Chile. I cannot believe how smart she is! It was cute to listen to her last night repeating or mimiquin (sp?) what she hears in her classroom. Are you more used to your new environment? I am sure you will become a Chicagonian (?) soon. How's Mike school work going? Love, MOM