On Friday Ashley didn't have preschool so I decided to go into the city and take advantage of the opportunity and weather. I had wanted to go to Navy Pier but after looking into prices especially on the weekend (Friday included); that place will have to wait a little longer! Who do they think they are Disneyland or Disney World -- they charge $23 flat rate just for parking not too mention the cost of everything else. Yikes! However, as I drove around the city pricing for parking is the same everywhere. What is up with flat rate with no validation? Crazy. By pure luck I found meter parking by Michael's school so we only had 2 hours to sight see, with traffic and the crowds; it went by fast. Anyway, the shops on Michigan Ave were fun. I thought pictures would be nothing spectacular so I abstained. It was cool to see the Omni Hotel which is mentioned in the end credits of Oprah. Some time I will go to Harpo studios if at the very least to take a picture outside.
All in all, it is nice to go into the city but I am SO glad that we live where we do. We have most of the shops and restaurants that the city does in our area or close to us. I told Michael that I wish I can transport our area to the west coast because that would be awesome. I have even found a great Outlet Mall close by. I am anxious to check it out, it sounds like a cool place with great stores. I am loving having so many fun stores close by.
My version of the skyline (while I am driving) at least you can see the Sears Tower.
Our exit -- Chicago Loop
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Abundant shopping; parking ridiculous
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What a woman to brave the big city by yourself! We usually take the Metra around, to avoid the parking chaos. Do they have a stop near you? We are so excited you are here and glad that you are taking advantage of sightseeing before the BIG CHILL sets in! :-)
Post a Comment