Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First Day of Preschool


Ashley enjoyed her first day but I cried a little walking out of the school. Although, she has been a class setting before (play n' learn class); this is the start of her school career so my mom says. She is too cute though, she has a backpack, notebook and folder(the latter two she picked herself)! School has been in session for a couple of weeks now but her teacher, Ms. Marino said that she fit right into the routine and schedule. She had art class today and liked painting. She attends for 2 1/2 hours, 5 days a week; we will see how the schedule suits her over the next week or two. There are about 8-9 kids in her class so it will work out great for her. Her teacher said she talked about coming back tomorrow so that is a good sign. Overall, I hope that it will be a good and fun school year for her. The class has field trips planned and other activities.

The weather is turning into fall which is new for me to have the cooler weather (highs in upper 60's or low 70's) this soon. I am starting to know why they call Chicago; the windy city. We are starting to dress in fall-type clothes which is a contrast to the shorts and shirts of friends and family's first day of school in the last day or week that I have seen. I had to go buy fall clothes (long-sleeve and pants clothes) for Ashley already.

Ashley walking out with her class and aide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Lisa & family: it's fun to read about your comings and goings. What a great treat is for me to read all about the Thomas family. It's also interesting to see my posterity move around the world (that's what it is for me) and get settled in Chicago. It's certainly a joy for me and your dad to see how Ashley is growing up. She is the most cute little girl on her first day of preschoold. Enjoy it because life it's too short. I still remember when you started kindergarten and when you graduated from preschool in Newhall. You were wearing a white sun dress and had a graduate cap. Love, MOM