Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Chicago

We made it! It has been a busy time with moving and Michael starting school on Tuesday (orientation was last week). All in all, we are enjoying everything about our move to Chicago. I am trying not to be overwhelmed by all the little things left to do but at least the big things have been accomplished. I want everything done yesterday but putting the finishing touches on moving in will keep me busy for a bit. Ashley hasn't started preschool yet but when she does it will be good to have the time.

We love our area, our ward (lots of attorneys), and the people whom we've met (mostly BYU fans, have been to 1 football party already), and this entire experience; it has been extraordinary. We have driven into the city once as family to sightsee from the car and tour Michael's school. There is so much to see and do that our Saturdays for the rest of year could be full. However, we will have time because we will be here almost a year, most likely until August. Michael can study for the bar here which is a nice option to have.

These next two pictures I got off the Internet because I forgot my camera:

Chicago skyline - There is so much to take in all at once in downtown. It is wild but cool. I look forward to taking full advantage.

Navy pier - I haven't been yet but it is our first thing to do before the month is over. I can't believe everything they have children's museum, rides, entertainment, restaurants. Crazy fun! It is across the street from Michael's school.


The walkway to our apartment. The two windows on the first floor are of our kitchen and bedroom. Entrance door to the right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, why are the headlines for the comments in Spanish? Yo no se leer en espanol, chica.
Well, I'm very impressed with the work you have put into this. I truly enjoyed the pics. I can't believe how cute she is, my grandaughter, you know. The place where you are is typical of the east part of US. Be careful and be aware of your surroundings please.
Love, MOM